There once was a girl who lived in a sea…a sea of mediocrity. (Can I copywrite this quote? Consider it official.)
It’s that time of year again when I fall into an abyss of despair. No, it’s not the fact that tomorrow will most likely be our 6 th snow day of 2014. Alas, my 1099 arrived in the mail last week. It’s a humbling piece of paper. There was a time in my life where I was able to funnel cash into my kids’ 529 plans. These days, I can’t even pay the propane bill.
What is even more depressing? I can’t even get it together with my hobby. I only showed 2 posts for the month of January. Can I even claim that I have a viable blog?? I vowed to myself that I would always be able to carry on a conversation at a social gathering without mentioning my kids. That I would retain just a few sparkles of interest. I am teetering dangerously close to the edge…dangerously close, people.
Therefore, I hereby declare a self State of Emergency. As a smidgen away from epic failure in all aspects of my life (I was told I was the meanest mommy ever by all 3 kids today), I am going to at least attempt to retain a modicum of success in the hobby department.
With no further ado, I give you The 30 Day Writing Challenge…..I WILL POST A BLOG DAILY FOR the next month! To pin myself in, here’s the topics in advance…
1. A Comprehensive Review of Spray Lotion: The Ultimate Lazy American Accessory OR Valuable Time Saving Tool?
2. My Husband Says I Can Have Another Baby…Just Not With Him
3. Will This Marriage Survive? I Bought my Husband An Electric Toothbrush For Christmas
4. How Has This Marriage Survived?
5. Annoying Smart People, Episode 1
6. Annoying Smart People, Episode 2
7. Annoying Smart People, Episode 3
8. David Beckham and Adam Levine Are NOT Hot
9. Life Is Like A Firefly In The Night, And More Inspiring Native American Philosophies to Live By
10. When Can I Move Back Into My Sorority House?
11. The *(#$#& Car Line
12. Everyone Should Have a Wig…a Really Fabulous One…And An Alter Ego
13. 13 Reasons Why Boy Children Are Disgusting
14. Helen Keller Dogs
15. 1 st World Problems
16. I Will Forever Be A Boy Mom…Albeit My Last Baby Has Girl Parts
17. Dear Sparky, On The Eve Of The Birth Of Your Second Son in 21 Months
17. Dusting Off My Resume…What Am I Going to be When I Grow Up?
18. Growing Up On Government K Rated Food
19. My Kids Eat Ramen Noodles ….
sometimes, occasionally for lunch Often For Dinner
20. The Swedish Fish Diet and Other Tales Of Sorority Life
21. Christie vs Hillary 2016, Like The 300 of The Modern Era
22. I Cried At The Season Finale of Breaking Bad and Want To Have Dragon Babies… What to Do When You Are Overly Invested In Cable TV
23. How To Embarrass Your 8 Year Old Son At The Community Pool
24. “I Am Enough”…No, Not Really
25. Darth Vader Feet
26. Be Brief, Be Bold Be Gone
27. The Murder Mystery…Ah, Lil’ Grasshopper
28. The Boys Of Spring
29. Cultivating Children, The Transformation of a Reformed Tiger Mother
30. My Love Affair With Lastisse and Other Fun Products
Tune in, tune out, or check back in a month…..’cause this bloggin’ Mama is like buttah….she’s on a roll!!